Community Resource Network (CRN)This exciting community work will explore opportunities to change the way we work and communicate by facilitating the electronic collection and secure exchange of data.
Privacy and security is our highest concern, organizations interested in participating in this exciting community resource will complete an Agreement, which delineates the standards for data exchange and access.
Those organizations which are covered entities under HIPAA will complete the QHN Electronic Commerce Agreement.
If you would like to participate in the development of CRN, or need additional information, please contact: Tess McInnis, Project Manager, Community Resource Network.
Community Resource Network (CRN)QHN has been providing for the secure electronic exchange of health information between authorized medical providers, since 2004. However, what we usually think of as “health care” - regular screenings and check-ups, going to the doctor when we’re sick – is only about 10% of what defines our health 1. The rest is dependent on things like social and environmental factors, genetics and individual behavior.
Community Resource Network (CRN) is a social information exchange (SIE) designed to help bridge the gap, increase efficiency and improve outcomes when it comes to social determinants of health. CRN is the SIE complement to Quality Health Network’s (QHN) health information exchange (HIE). CRN is taking that shared technology platform to the next level. It is incorporating the social and medical elements of health in order to get a more robust picture of the many factors that influence an individual’s overall wellness.
The CRN platform is the solution to achieving a whole-person picture of wellness. The collaborative community network is made up of behavioral, social, and medical service agencies in an effort to improve outcomes for clients, by facilitating expert collaboration among various points of service through secured shared technology. CRN allows those involved in care coordination to view pertinent information to more efficiently guide clients through life challenges. This collaboration is critical to improve the health and safety of those we serve, while reducing duplication of services and ultimately driving down the cost of health care.
Changing the Way we workWe are inviting all stakeholders to help us explore and change the way we work together to better serve the needs of our community. To connect what used to be silos of services and create a system where all domains can coordinate their work to improve the health of our community, one individual at a time.
The CRN allows us to improve the health and safety of the community and support each other by:
- Collecting and using data to identify individuals at risk in our community, regardless of their entry point for services.
- Proactively provide interventions and services to mitigate risks and support healthy behaviors
- Decreasing the barriers to care and services for individuals in the community
- Providing the timely and consistent dissemination of information regarding the entry and exit of individuals from care, services, or a change in circumstances
Benefits to the Community
- Provide low cost infrastructure for communication and collaboration among all service providers
- Decrease the overall cost of providing services by reducing duplication in the collection and reporting of demographic, assessment and other information
- Facilitate secure, streamlined communication and information sharing between medical and non-medical care team members that meets both HIPAA (health), FERPA (education), and other confidentiality regulations
- Support the establishment of a standard processes for community wide referrals, tracking, and closure
Download the CRN Brochure
Want to participate in the development of CRN, or would you like more information?
Contact: Tess McInnis, Project Manager, Community Resource Network.